Translate

Monday 2 June 2014

What I can't have

Embrace me with a mere look my way... I'm not asking for much.
Honour me by passing past me so my being may bask in your shadow as you walk away.
Allow me to catch a glimpse of you from afar... you won't even know I'm there.

See,your presence is the present the creator gave to me but not in full... [are you listening?]
It's like I was a given a gift card for 399 rand an you're the item that I want but can't have because you cost 400.
It's like being told there's gold around but after continuous digging you find an empty treasure chest with a few coins instead.

I'm in love with the idea of you.
I mean your scent on its own is hypnotizing... your smile captivating...
 Your kiss... I will never know.

But...

I should consider myself lucky, privileged even.
Because beautiful people like you are rare in these parts of town...
And even if I can't have you... having you around is good enough.

Ayoola Mè

3 comments:

  1. �� you've got talent sweetie. ..

    "...[are you listening?]
    It's like I was a given a gift card for 399 rand an you're the item that I want but can't have because you cost 400."

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blushes* haha i should get used to being quoted now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you Laura the life of a stalker...

    ReplyDelete