Translate

Saturday 7 June 2014

Under-dressed

For my Apple


Exactly the opposite is how I function.
Opposite of what's expected that is,
So technically...
In my world I'm proper.
But in yours,
I'm not.

Under-dressed for occasions I am always,
They tell me.
I somehow never get the clothing right.
I can't be kicked out of their reality though
But I'm never fully welcomed.

I've tried,
Believe me I have.
To fit into the depictions set within every invitation received,
To dress accordingly...
But I fail.

My definition of looking good is certainly not what they had in mind when they said dress to kill.
But what can they expect from someone called Apple?

I'm not meant to blend in.
I'm meant to "fruiten" things up.

So under-dressed I am in your eyes
But I'm perfect in mine.

Ayoola Mè

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you lol that's the first I hear of such. Thank you Rumbi

      Delete