Translate

Monday 6 October 2014

W E A K N E S S E S

A weakness is usually labelled as a disadvantage or a fault. It is naturally a bad thing. Who here would take anyone seriously if they were to have "Weaknesses for sale" sign or a "Buy one weakness and get another one for free" special offer.I don't remember being told to groom my weaknesses,ever. I was always taught to strengthen my strengths rather,for they build me up,you know make me a strong and better being.

L I E S.

There are a lot of ways to view weaknesses. They are multiple ways to approach them as well. Weaknesses are either obsessions for example chocolate, alcohol, music...these aren't bad things but they are things that can easily distract you from a clear end,you know, the diet,staying sober and concentrating on studies.Then there are well negative weaknesses, "anything in a dress", "words without meaning but that sound good",etc. These, these are a different story altogether. So how do we deal with these goodly and deadly weaknesses.

Number 1: If your weakness is a negative thing,something that breaks you apart and won't add value to your life, weaken it. I always tell myself to WEAKEN THE WEAKNESS. It's simple,detach yourself from the weakness,don't call it yours.Remove all connotations and simply deem it an item which has no power over you.When you don't give something your attention,it slowly but surely removes its hold over you.

My livelihood,my 365 days,my home Tholang Nkatho helped me come up with number two.
Thing is we both can't dance to save our lives. I don't even know how to follow the beat with body movements,how is that even possible? Is this a bad thing? No.. not at all
Number 2: EMBRACE YOUR WEAKNESS.There is nothing wrong with not being able to dance. Like Tholang says, "It makes me appreciate good dancing when I see it". What a way to look at it huh,you inability to do something gives you ability to give thanks to those who can.

Number 3: Nurture your weakness. Tholz and I are often told that we "we love too much". That's apparently a crime in our world. I get where people are coming from,when you love easily,you trust easily which means people can take advantage of you easily which means you are broken down easily. But I believe that God blessed me with a spirit of love,why not grow it.We love with meaning and respect,wholeheartedly and passionately. By doing all of this,we explore many levels of love and we nurture what's viewed as a weakness.It's an advantage that most people lack. The ability to see the good in every single being.It's beautiful.

She's my weakness.After being separated in grade 7,two provincess apart,to three phone swaps and numerous bbm pin changes. Her deactivating Facebook to phone calls and whatsapp chats. My love for her never died. Friendship turned to family.

Tholang 
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger",What doesn't edify to your existence needs to exit and what you see as a blessing deserves to be magnified.

Ayoola Mè
xoxo

1 comment: