Translate

Thursday 2 October 2014

L I F E


  1. Life is defined as "1.
    the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death"

    For the past month and a half, my friend Sibu and I have been talking about life and living. We have been encouraging each other and advising each other on how to handle certain situations we come across. What I hadn't looked at when Sibu and I started this journey of "Life" is what life really is. Let's dissect the definition why don't we... *the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter. That means we breathe and grow and can do "stuff". That's funny because I'm often told that I've stopped growing. So does that mean I'm not alive anymore?  No it doesn't because a few days ago, Sibu introduced me to a method I have been finding difficult to grasp... [L E T T I N G G O]. He was on that " I was born without you so I can live without you" tip. All those toxic relationships that prevent you from being yourself, the friends that have you second guessing who you are and what you are capable of doing, those need to go. Those need to be pruned so that the rose within you can blossom without a doubt.
    The ability to reproduce is another life aspect. We don't have to make babies to be called reproducers. I remember one day Sibu and I studying for an English exam one day and we completely turned the novel inside out and read between the lines and scored one of our best English essay marks ever after doing so. We reproduced a different aspect altogether from the original DNA(book material) we were given.

    Life comes with another condition. We are meant to change in order to live fully. Comfort is a clear sign of danger. One should not settle down for too long. We are meant to explore man. Go out there and do things. I eat sulphur products,I use the, on my hair even. I was told I was allergic to it but those goods make my hair grow and I'm all about taking care of my crown of glory. I don't believe in allergies simply because I've changed my mindset towards certain things. Yes I admit that the first few weeks of sulphur using were horrible. My eyes would swell us and I'd be coughing up a storm but I kept at it and here I am... Happy. Change is good. Our minds and hearts need to go under many metamorphosis to prove that we didn't waste God's energy when He created us. We are meant to have flowers in Spring and Golden leave sin Autumn. We are meant to be cold winds in Winter and Hot sand in Summer.

    L I V E. Not as if it's your last day but as if you're the main actor of an award winning movie. Be the character of a book that nobody wants to put down. It's your life... Live it to the full

    Ayoola Me
    :









1 comment:

  1. Amazing. I've Been Nourished. Thank You Laura, Thank You.

    ReplyDelete