Translate

Wednesday 1 October 2014

C O M P L E X I O N

Complexion is defined firstly as "the natural colour, texture, and appearance
of a person's skin, especially of the face."
I'm sure that's the first thing that comes to mind when asked what complexion is,I know I would answer that way.

Surprisingly the other definition of complexion is "the general aspect or character of something or someone"
Deep huh? To think that what we normally think automatically means skin tone is also another word for character, you know what makes a man, a man.

Humans are shallow creatures. One moment being light skinned is the in thing, then one day darker toned people are "what's hot". We live in a world where people won't judge you by what you say but rather by how look and how well you blend in with everybody else. That's the norm.

I remember hating the mirror when I was growing up. Yes I knew that my complexion was fiery and spontaneous but I was never bold enough to show it to the world.I believed that the the first complexion definition was what mattered. Photos were a terror and I always felt bad for not covering my face or running into the shade when the sun was a tad bit too bright.

Being yourself is beyond normal complexion[skin covering,inserted pigment] but is the never mentioned complexion itself[C H A R A C T E R].

Flourish. Be you tall,short,plus size, small size, light skinned, dark toned. One love right?

Let's show it.

Ayoola
xx

1 comment: