Translate

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Dear World

Underachieving,
Over thinking,
Underestimate,
Over achieving...

Is it ever enough?

We're constantly involved in this battle of doing good,
Sticking to what's right,
You know there's a path laid before us... all we gotta do is follow through right?

But...
It's never enough,
For one moment we're below par and that's not acceptable
Or we're above it and that's now pride.

What do you want world?
You say average is mediocrity but from where I'm standing it's safe.

I won't live up to your expectations but I will at least try to do something
For I see the end-place you've destined for me but I like the greener pastures I read about better

So you might see me as an : *Underachiever
And begin to :*Underestimate me

But I'm telling you now that I am capable of : *Over thinking
Which keeps me alert,
Giving me strategies which will make me an : *Over achiever
 Just you wait and see.

Ayoola Mè

1 comment: