Translate

Wednesday 16 July 2014

She said...

I looked at her.
She tried to free herself from my gaze but I didn't allow that to happen.
This was the first time I actually looked at her and I was not going to let her go.
I critically analysed her.
I undressed her inner being with a thirst that only her insides could quench.

"Please can I go now",she said.
She could sense that I was curious
This made it clear that I was hitting home,
Well almost.

"Thing is... I've been through a lot and ... and I don't think... I think it's best if I leave", she said
But I couldn't let her go.
See I was the hunter and her scarred soul the prey.
I wanted to grip my teeth and be rid of her pain.
I would then be her doctor and nurse her to health
And then sign the discharge forms and set her free.

I looked at her.
The scales of her eyes were falling off and then I knew I was making progress.
Scarlet droplets of tears paraded on her cheeks and then I heard a loud whisper directed to me,
"Please help me",she said

With that ... I began helping her script the new story of her life.

Ayoola Mè 

1 comment: